Biltong Making Course
Calling all biltong enthusiasts, meat lovers & foodies
We are offering you the fantastic opportunity to learn the artisan process of biltong making in the beautiful countryside setting of BigHorn Biltong HQ in Worcestershire. Our one-day biltong making course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and equipment to make your own delicious biltong — in your own home!
Get the knowhow to:
- Learn how to choose the right cut of beef
- We will guide you through the different cuts of beef, and show you how to select the right cut of beef to create the best biltong
- Understand the difference between biltong and jerky
- Yes, there’s a difference! You’ll not only learn the fundamental differences between jerky and biltong, but you will make it both yourself
- Create your own biltong at home
- We will give you the knowledge, skills and equipment to make biltong at home, in your very own biltong box that you will make on the day
Gain hands-on experience:
- Create your own marinade
- You will be able to make your own dry-rub marinade from scratch. Choose the seasonings and spices and create a flavour you love!
- Prepare, marinade & hang the biltong
- We will guide you through every step of the biltong making process, and by the end of the day you will have made your own biltong from start to finish
- Make your own jerky
- The best way to understand the difference between jerky and biltong is to make them both yourself. So you will be heading home not only with your homemade biltong but also the jerky you will make!
- Build your own biltong box
- Get stuck in, and build your own fully functioning, wooden biltong box (DIY skills not required – but a sense of a humour is!)
- Local beer and biltong pairing
- This is the bit where we invite our good friends at Stroud Brewery to come and educate us all about beer and biltong matching. With plenty of beer and biltong for you to taste, you will be beer and biltong pairing experts in no time!
Additional courses are being run at Kate Humble’s Farm on the following dates and can be booked online via the link below:
- 15th March 2020
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information